[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Amateur VN writer's Critique Group

Amateur VN writer's Critique Group

Discuss story ideas and the art of writing.

Amateur VN writer's Critique Group

Postby Lekhaka » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:10 am

Well in traditional novel writing, writers can get together to help improve each other's work by reading over and giving critique to each other's manuscripts. I haven't found something like this for the VN hobby community, not unexpected since this is a relatively new medium. So I'll try to start one here. Basically, I'm thinking of getting 2 or 3 writers together who will exchange their drafts for critical feedback. As far as I know we're all doing this as a hobby (though of course expert writers would be more than welcome :D), but even still this should help the writing a lot, removing obvious errors, typos, and plot inconsistencies that may be overlooked by the author.

So, anyone interested?
Lekhaka

Re: Amateur VN writer's Critique Group

Postby segua » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:55 am

This would actually be a very helpful group for those that are serious either be it amateurs or professionals. Well, since this is a bunch of amateurs (meaning we aren't paid to do it), this will increase the quality of our story or stories and projects.
segua

Postby Lekhaka » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 pm

If you're interested, I have set up a forum for this here

http://lekhaka.49.forumer.com/index.php?noportal=1

It's hidden to all except for the critique group members, of course. If you wish to join, just let me know.
Lekhaka

Postby Hyperguy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:35 am

I'm interested and can provide critques and insight, but regret that I do not have any manuscripts I can submit at this time. :O
Hyperguy

Postby segua » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Insight and critique is all you need. A manuscript is a plus heh.
segua

Postby TheMonicaProject » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:52 am

I'm totally in. Once I finish the rest of my endings, then I'll have a manuscript to show and I'm very good at critiques
"It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool." - Haruko, FLCL
TheMonicaProject

Postby Lekhaka » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:15 pm

So you guys are interested?

I don't see any new members in the place though...where are all of ya? :lol:

http://lekhaka.49.forumer.com/index.php?noportal=1
Lekhaka

Postby Hyperguy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Waiting for your acknowledgment, since you said to let you know if we were interesting in joining. X_o

Anywho, I registered.
Hyperguy

Postby ChimeraTheChimera » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Sign me up. I'm always looking at my friends papers, critiquing them and then getting frustrated when they won't do the same for me XD I should have some asemblance of a manuscript soon--but for now, all I can offer is my humble advice.
Fanfiction!

I do art commissions, voice acting, and graphics. Just PM me!
Isn't it great? You know, being too lazy to find an avatar, I mean.
ChimeraTheChimera

Location: That closet you got shoved into last summer. You know, in West Virginia?

Postby Lekhaka » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:19 am

Chimera, I sent you a private message ;)
Lekhaka

Postby skim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 pm

I don't see why we can't just post and critique writing here, rather than moving to a whole different forum to do so.
skim

Postby Lekhaka » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:54 am

That question does bring back memories...of when I first started this thread...

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 76#p109476

I remember seeing you here on novelty from 3 years ago too, skim. :D Hope you've been well. I see your game is still developing strong...good! A hobbyist VN maker's greatest virtue is perseverance!

Anyways, of course posting some writing for everyone to see may or may not be more effective, depending on your needs and other factors.

An important reason for me is that exchanging critiques with a small group instead of the whole visible forum increases interaction. I've made good internet pen pals through the process, and it's definitely more fun for me than discussions where it feels more impersonal, as discussion on a forum thread tends to go...
Lekhaka

Return to Writers Guild