[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - The relationship game

The relationship game

Discuss story ideas and the art of writing.

Re: The relationship game

Postby jvcscasio » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:48 pm

So, I think I will start doing some plans about this novel, the other one I'm making will be finished in no time, so, if anyone has a suggestion to do, just say here^^

Everything will be done in the novelty, when the professional version get released... :D

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby jvcscasio » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:12 pm

I made some draft on the city format, like wich street goes to where and what places there is (like Library and Hospital)
Some places have famous writers names, like Tolkien Mall and Pullman St.
There's some misterious places like Schrocat Wood thas can send the character to ramdom near places and the forest, where you always get lost.

When I have more free time I'll start the characters.
Every character will have a story and relations between them, you can't be friends with two enemies for too much time...

I'll work on that...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Asmudee31 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:35 pm

If someone were to pull off a "relationship game", I think it would be helpful to copy some ideas from Lux-Pain. Namely elements like the map, a journal of events, a calender, and the relationship status's from other characters. Even though Lux-Pain itself wasn't wholly a relationship styled game and more plot based, a lot of it's mechanics could still work.
Tell me of yourself. Are you fictional, or merely an illusion?
Asmudee31

Postby jvcscasio » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:44 am

Sad enough, Lux-pain isn't avaliable in my country, and I don't have a DS.

But I will try to make with variables an friendship leveler, and the map will be an image on menu BUT I don't want to do something like Da Capo, where you can go anywhere in the city clicking on the map, you'll have to pass the streets, each street leading to another.

I'm thinking of making the actions taking time, so if you go to the hospital in an event, it'll take X time that will get deducted from the time you have on that day, this way it'll be impossible to make an infinity of events on the same day...

I'm thinkig of the main character being an teacher-in-training...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:57 pm

I don't know, I don't play indie games...

The only I played was Reccetear, and the main character is a shop owner...

Now I don't know, if there realy is a lot of teacher in training games out there, I would prefer making the main character diferent, less cliched...
A doctor? A door-in-door seller?

With those two would be easy to throw the character around the city... And make friends and enemies...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Yeah, but no one would want to make enemies of the doctor^^

A doctor would fit better I think, as he has a wider range of people to interact with due to the nature of his job. A teacher has his students and their surroundings maybe, the doc has them all.
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:00 am

Yeah, but I also loved the idea of a door-in-door seller, I'll need a time to make a decision...

Hmm...

People don't like door-in-door sellers, they are anoying...

I could take someone who was recently gratuated the med college and start working in the city...

My luck is that my cousin (cousin works for woman too, right?) married a recent graduated doctor ^^
I can ask for help...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby jvcscasio » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:46 am

Update:

The sistem of relationship will work with eight unrelated character (Named forever alone) as base, and other characters that are influenced by them, there's five levels, Characters from level 5 depends on characters from level 4, and those depends from characters from level 3, and so on.

Level one characters can become "Lovers" and "Bros" (ultimate friend level) without any other influence.
This level one characters are named Amigo or Inimigo (this won't show in the game) in relation of level 2 characters, if you are more than "Known Person" with a person named Inimigo from a second level character, the friendship route won't be availiable.
If a person is named Amigo, it'll be required a friendship with that person to the route to be avaliable (Damn you Avaible, you destroyed my english -_-).
This go on, second level to third level and so on.

The first Forever alone character is a Librarian, with a easy route and fast development, but as the level go on, the routes will become more complex and hard to complete.

Level 1: 8 characters
Level 2: 8 characters
Level 3: 4 characters
Level 4: 2 characters
Level 5: 1 character

Total: 23 characters with avaliable routes!

This was the way I found to write interesting relationships without too much problem or plot holes...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Avaible

Postby 8oni » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:50 am

I like this.
Is anyone still working or have a an story idea for game like this? I would love to help with the script so you can focus only on the story :)
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Previous

Return to Writers Guild