[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Idea Sharing!!

Idea Sharing!!

Discuss story ideas and the art of writing.

Idea Sharing!!

Postby NyuNeon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:37 am

The title is self-explanatory. As a newbie of the forums, (just note that I'm not really on the making games part), I might as well share what got me into downloading and installing Novelty. Or if you don't care you can skip ahead where it starts with "A Former Demon." Truth is, I only thought once that just maybe I can use this instead of renpy, but I quickly got over that idea, seeing as how I have over a thousand lines in a current project of mine (that I'm on a hiatus on, due to writer's block). So I made a new otome game idea that I would get busy with instead of the old one.

So I was cleaning up my room, and finnaly cleaned up my closet as I realized that I saw one of my first sketch books. It had really, old, bad, cliche drawings in it. About werewolves and vampires, and all that clicheeeeeee ick. When I went throught tha pages, the first thing I thought was I was one hell of a bad drawer. I couldn't even make the eyes symetrical. This drawings were based on an idea that was a super, super old In fact, I had that idea since I just began to get into anime and stuff. Now that I'm more experienced and know the meaning of ORIGINAL, I finnaly created a new plot with these old ideas. So, I generally planned my ideas before I actually start writing the dialouge and script on renpy. But then I realized, from my once simple idea, it bloomed into something way more complex than i have expected.

So then I decided to write a side story, but I didn't know what yet. So I fished around the lemmasoft forumns looking for free character sprites, seeing as how I'm a lazy butt wipe. And I see these two kiddies that don't look half bad. So I'm currently using them. I still didn't know what the plot is about yet though, until I was fishing around for the female heroine. Unfortunatley, there was none that caught my eye in the lemmasoft forumns, so I started to resort to google. And then I found PRINN. An absolutley gorgoues sprite that I found in someone's blog. She has green hair and glowing yellow eyes, with a unique outfit, which generally caught my eye. I was super psyced to use it, until I realized it wasn't in a format I was familiar with. Turned out to be a format that can only be used in novelty.

The sprite was so gorgoues, that I couldn't let go of it, so here I am. Eventually, I came up with a plot with how they generally looked like and here it is. I present to you, Soul Hunter. Or Grim. Well, whatever. I'll come up a title for it later. JUst note that I'm making up an alternate universe with very different customs, so what they call them selves might be different, so yeah. There are two different type of worlds here, by the way. One where the monsters are in hiding(ours), and the one where the heroine is from, where humans are extinct or the like.

A former demon, the Sin of carnage, was gifted with the eyes of the grim reaper, a rank that most Sins only dream of achieving. With her being a sin(demon), they were known to be great warriors, seeing as how they can balance offense, ranged, magic, offense, defense with great practice. So naturally, she became a reaper, abandoning her old ways. Soon enough, she was ranked 3rd best reaper in the ranking. The best ranker has dissapeared over time, making it even a mystery to Death himself. So the 2nd Ranker has taken over his spot.

It's unnatural that the Sin of Carnage has been so ambitious to reach the top rank, but she really wanted to crush the Spirit (that's the 2nd ranker). So she took a rare case of a target having a very unusual cause of death: Death of Non-Existance.

So to get a closer case of the target, she was able to enter his school as a transfer student. The target was notably popular and friendly, but when she got closer the more she realized how this target was more than he seem (in other words, it's a secret for now.) On her way, she meets a polar opposite of this cheery like target, a young boy no more than the age of 14. He's notably unpopular and sometimes get bullied. Not only that, he was able to notice that Nyx is a reaper, and dreams of being one too.

Well, yep. This is my idea. I would like to know others opinions about this, like if their interested in this or not. Or if it's original or not.
NyuNeon

Re: Idea Sharing!!

Postby fleet » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:23 am

It appeared to be original up to the part about school and transfer student. :D
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: Idea Sharing!!

Postby NyuNeon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Hmm, well really all that the heroine has to do is meet her target, so I guess I'll change it that she is stalking him, following his every move as she continue her regular duties of bringing the souls back to her side of the world. (It's like a cycle. The soul lives one life in our world then gets reaped to get transferred and live a new life in her world. Then a reaper from our world will reap the soul an bring it back, and so on.) the sin will simply stalk him until she is found then.
NyuNeon

Return to Writers Guild