HONEST OPINIONS

Discuss story ideas and the art of writing.

HONEST OPINIONS

Postby TeenVisualNovel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:12 am

Okay, so I am on work on making Sky which is my visual novel.

Some parts are like Air but it's completely different and it has some endings that would make you feel comfortable or that will make you feel frustrated. But, the summary of the story is about a guy moving in a town, it is actually a series well, I'm still thinking if its a series or not but just reply if it's better just a full novel or not.

So yeah, the guy moves to town this summer and the story continues, there will be sad parts, funny parts, bad parts but the novel is pretty good.

Some of the actors and ui is borrowed from some sites but it would be ok to.
and the story is pretty much happy and sad.

So comment if it's good!
TeenVisualNovel

Re: HONEST OPINIONS

Postby fleet » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:46 pm

If you are using 'borrowed' actors and UI, make sure that it is legal to do so (as in the original creator said 'this is free to use'), and be sure to credit the original creators.
My personal preference is that, when I play a computer game or read a visual novel, I want a complete story. If I learn that a game or visual novel is 'to be continued' (as in the story line is not concluded at the end) I will avoid it.
Having said that, write the story that YOU want to write. :D
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: HONEST OPINIONS

Postby elhlyn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:53 am

well it really depends on what is it that makes it sad/ happy. I really wish you could add more details to your story so I could give an opinion about rather than the kind of emotion it should provoke. sounds like a story I'd be interested in
elhlyn

Return to Writers Guild