[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - VN idea, Want opinions before starting

VN idea, Want opinions before starting

Discuss story ideas and the art of writing.

VN idea, Want opinions before starting

Postby gamesmaster_kya » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:49 am

So, I've started to create a visual novel (duh) and I want to make sure it's not just my own Mary Sue fantasy. So yeah.

It's begins with the main character, Sato, waking up in his room. He has no memories of anything specific, and confusion envelops him as he sits in bed. This is all explained in his thoughts to the player. Eventually, he notices a note on his nightable that reads "Pretend you remember or they will kill you." Mystified, Sato stares at the note until he hears another guy's voice telling him to gt up or they would be late for school.
Confused and trying to work out what's going on, Sato does as the guy said. If you can be sneaky enough in questions, you can find out quite a bit about who you are and get the knoledge to stop yu frm screwing up later conversations (so the reader will need to pay close attention to what is said, just as Sato would have to)
At school, you meet several people
Mayushi: A young girl obsessed with looking cute who will insist on calling Sato by a nickname (decided by reader)
Yuki: An athletic girl who treats Sato like he's diseased
Julie- A nervous young woman who has trouble talking to Sato
Garra- Sato's roomate and best friend who is in love with Yuki
Thoughout the VN you make many choices, sometimes making certain ones will get you answers, some will end in Sato's death. The purpose in the game is to figure out what's going on with Sato's memory, alongside other mysteries that pop up, such as murder of students at school.
On top of the threat of death looming over Sato's head if anyone finds out you're an amnesiac, there is someone hunting him. Someone who loves Sato and knows your every move....a yandere, if you will. :D
gamesmaster_kya

Re: VN idea, Want opinions before starting

Postby Avaible » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Sounds thrilling, so why not, go for it.
Avaible

Postby fleet » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Is this your first VN? If so, I wish you success, but you might want to consider doing something a bit less ambitious.

Feel free to ask for help/advice. :D
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby gamesmaster_kya » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:05 pm

This is my second game made on Novelty, but I consider the other one more of a dating sim. Do you know where I can put up the game for download when I finish (though I know this will take a long time) and do you know how I can import music into the game?
Also, how complicated should it get? I want to make a bunch of charcters to make a very in-depth story, but I want the readers to be able to follow the plot.
gamesmaster_kya

Postby fleet » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:13 am

Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby gateside0 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:48 am

Seems like a very interesting idea, actually. Something that would have a very happy moment, and then suddenly gets drops dead creepy. Good luck on this VN!
gateside0

Postby gekiganwing » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:46 am

gekiganwing

Postby kash » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:59 am

I like the existential questioning reality aspect of it. Good mind screw premise!
What is the mountain's peak without pain of the trek to summit? What is victory without battle? What is Drama without Trauma?
kash

Location: The Glorious Greater People's Republic of the Amerikan Union

Postby elhlyn » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:55 am

At first, I was like uwaah that generic cliche of "I don't know who I am" kind of main character but this, this is a damn good excuse (a lot of stories regardless of Manga nonetheless visual novels have those character who has no clue what the heck is going on and its a sign of laziness)

hmm well if there is one thing I would like to see is that there should be at least 2 or 3 good male characters (I personally dislike those kind of stories where the main character is surrounded by girls)
but other than that you have my seal of approval. although, I'm not enthusiastic because its one of those hit or miss; you'll make a really good story or a terrible story, it all depends on how you, the author, write it.

Good luck
elhlyn

Return to Writers Guild