[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - About the size

About the size

Discuss story ideas and the art of writing.

About the size

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:47 am

How about you Visual novel's size people, how many pages or words have you all written already?

I want to compare the size of yours with mine!

Mine still have a long way to go, I got 230 pages...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Re: About the size

Postby Wright » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 am

It depends what do you mean by pages?
Are you talking about the Novelty screens?
If that's the case, 230 is not much.
But if you are writing on paper, 230 is a lot.
Wright

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:23 am

I mean text alone, in the Word document or whatever you use to write...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:54 pm

You can't really compare the page count as simply changing the font may result in very varying results of the same text. And then there's the actual font-size ...
It's probably better to ask for the word count instead.
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Hmm...
That's true, I forgot about the font size...

Is 40.000 big? I don't know how to calculate the game time by the number of words...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm doing an adaptation of a braziliam manga, so I was worried that I would be expanding too much the inuniverse in a way that the game would get too long to download and play.
The manga was published weekly and has about 63 chapters...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:08 pm

You shouldn't worry about such a thing. The worst that can happen is that people have to wait longer for the download to finish^^
And if you really feel uncomfortable to release a big-sized download, just release several smaller ones. Since it's an adaption of a manga it should work if you bundle the euqivalent of 20chapter or so each and release them each on their own, this way people don't have to download everything in one go.
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:11 pm

It can work^^

But I'm really curious about what are the sizes of the VN's people from the forum are doing^^

Do we have a thread to discuss the novels?

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby fleet » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:31 pm

My recent VNs are around 7000 to 8000 words; playing time is usually 30 minutes to 45 minutes. File size varies from 20 MB to 70MB (depends on whether I include a lot of sounds and animated GIFs).
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby ertdax212 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:33 am

Well.. mine is about 330 pages words only(still on going and not translated to English yet---usually become less) without multiple endings
But at the same time, I'm doing multiple stories... (8 or 9 other stories maybe)

Pretty much, I'm easily bored. That's why... :D
---------------------
Believe in yourself.
You can do anything if you have intention to do it.
+ a little hard work and anything will be fine.
---------------------
ertdax212

Return to Writers Guild