[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - I really dig this trailer

I really dig this trailer

Talk about commercial visual novels or anything game related here.

I really dig this trailer

Postby ErikB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:58 pm

I was take by surprise. I don't know much about the game itself but this trailer is f-ing amazing.

ErikB
Novelty developer

Re: I really dig this trailer

Postby Avaible » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:26 pm

It's stunning, but I want to vomit.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:47 pm

That's a valid reaction.

I think it's kind of like the trailer of 2011.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Somehow my senses are telling me not to follow that link ... :D
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:56 pm

It's just a trailer for the first Gears of war. It's similar in that it uses calm music to emphasize well.. the madness.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:23 pm

In that case.

Watched it, really wasn't as bad. I liked the song, but watching the video I didn't get the madness-feeling. More like, I couldn't get the thought out of my head how uncomfortable that suit of they guy must have been. Not appropriate, I know, but that had a greater impact on me than the lost world.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Wow. Someone already bought the movie rights.
http://blogs.forbes.com/dorothypomerant ... e-a-movie/
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Whoa, well, if one has the money I guess anything is possible. And if it's going to be like the Mummy-movies it's too bad I can't watch it (I can't stand ugly things, and zombies are pretty damn ugly).
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Turns out watching a child die in reverse and in slow-motion is pretty evoking imagery.

It sure seems I wasn't the only one who choked on their coffee. Twitter apparently exploded too.
In my case I was just clicking through new game trailers on giantbomb.com and the thumbnail made me presume it was a budget crap-game.
That might still be the case but I didn't expect to see this. At first I was like "Why is that fire animating backwards?" and then when "Oh!"
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Hm, seems like it, though that didn't really bother me. It's not nice to see girls (or anyone) dying in abnormal ways, but I don't usually care if the girl in question isn't cute. I don't really like the style the vid had (the animation) so that was no issue for me.

But many people would probably be very upset over it.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:32 pm

Heh. I sent the link to my mom. She didn't care for it at all xD
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Avaible

Return to Video Game Alley