[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - whats your favorite visual novel?

whats your favorite visual novel?

Talk about commercial visual novels or anything game related here.

Re: whats your favorite visual novel?

Postby jvcscasio » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Clannad is my favorite, I realy liked it especialy 'cause of the BGM...

But I 'haven't played so many VN's until now, so I can't make a list of the best...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Inkyblackandred » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:18 am

My favorite VN is Higurashi no naku koro ni

I said in a post that am a big fan,i love Higurashi despite the crappy artwork from the original novels and all the question arc weardness,as soon as i heard they re-made the novels with new arcs,better sprites and actuall artworked background i almost had a heart attack.besides that its got one of the best stories ive ever read plus no point system or whatever same ending no matter what. The only sad part is you have to Buy/Download each arc separatley so um yeah :X that sucks
Inkyblackandred

Postby Avaible » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:37 am

Can't blame them for wanting to make money. I mean, we could get any game that was ever translated for free and many do that without ever thinking about buying the acutal ones for reasons like "the original is japanese" or "why, it's free anyways!".
The publishers aren't stupid, they know that they loose much money overseas due to that attitude so they will want to at least get more from Japanese purchasers.
Avaible

Postby Beato » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:57 am

I buy my visual novels as long as they are all age. I would like to buy eroge too but I'm *cough**cough*underage*cough**cough*
雪の羽 時の風
- Yuki no Hane, Toki no Kaze
Beato

Postby jvcscasio » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:12 pm

I wish one day the Visual Novels come to my country, I would love to buy the Key games^^

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:06 pm

True, one of the best producers.
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:55 pm

If someday in the future I have money, i'll create a translation company.

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Lekhaka » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:26 am

If you have time and effort to spare right now, you can join the fan translation community without money...just saying ;)
Lekhaka

Postby Avaible » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:46 am

You mean those that are illegal? You know you need the licenses to do that.
Avaible

Postby Lekhaka » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:34 pm

A translation patch is illegal without a license? I am no scholar in copyright law but I have reason to believe it is not...
Lekhaka

Postby Avaible » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Show me your reason, maybe I'm wrong.
But as far as I know you need the agreement of the original producers since they own the copy and publishing rights. That also includes potential publishing in other countries, thus languages. That right you would interfere with if you made your own translation for public use.
That said, it may be different from law to law, altough I don't think so since publishers can claim their rights anywhere.
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:52 pm

You need a contract to translate anything that is owned by someone or company no matter the coutry it comes from.

The copyright of a translation is identical to the original copyright...
It's like, if you translate, that translationis yours, but only if you have the permision of the original produceer/writer

That's why old books like Maquiavel, Bible and Shakespear can have lots of diferent translations. The original copyrighter expired a long time ago.

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Right, the Copyrights perish 70years after the death of the last rightholder - will still be awhile for visual novels;)
Avaible

Postby Lekhaka » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:56 pm

I don't think waiting for the work to become public domain is the issue here. My reasoning is thus:

A translation patch does not distribute the original game. The original game is still the rights of its creator. The legal issue should lie with whether distributing the means to modify is within the rights of the creator of that modification.

The only instance I know of modding being illegal is when it is used to allow piracy.
Lekhaka

Postby ErikB » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:00 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

PreviousNext

Return to Video Game Alley