[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - whats your favorite visual novel?

whats your favorite visual novel?

Talk about commercial visual novels or anything game related here.

Re: whats your favorite visual novel?

Postby DarckRedd » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:28 am

DarckRedd

Postby 12riven » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:54 am

its a clean non hentai game....

but there are ecchi moments though
12riven

Postby ErikB » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 pm

No it's on the DS. It was GBA in japan and then they translated and ported it to the DS for the US release (this was when the DS had just been released).

Sure, blaming the art is considered shallow by many but let's be honest, in reality the reason why people buy a game or not has LOT to do with the art. Beauty attracts and ugly repels. Personally, I like the art style.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby 12riven » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:50 pm

oh ok for the ds. gotcha.

im trying to look for a download link now in the internet XD

yes, yes, im the only one here who cant afford a ds :lol:
12riven

Postby DarckRedd » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:17 am

DarckRedd

Postby 12riven » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:01 am

uh....nope. there is no route for any girl (well maybe except the main one)
12riven

Postby Bane Rieko » Sat May 02, 2009 8:33 am

Gotta love the "Boot To The Head" Phoenix Wright video! That made my day!

I have trouble picking just one visual novel to be my favorite... I can narrow it to categories, so I guess I'll list them.

DS (counts as ADV too I guess): Ace Attorney Series
PC- Eroge: Yume Miru Kusuri
PC- Kinetic: True Remembrance
PC- Yaoi: Silver Chaos (... don't ask)
PC- Overall General- Ever 17 ~Out of Infinity~

All the others that I've played are great, but I don't like them enough to really list them at the moment.
Bane Rieko

Postby Beato » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:37 am

Umineko no naku koro ni,(If you can count SN's as VN's) is my favorite it is so awsome, OK the art isnt the greatest but the great plot and music makes up for that (My fav tracks are Endless nine and DreamEndDischarger. And Beato is moe~.
雪の羽 時の風
- Yuki no Hane, Toki no Kaze
Beato

Postby 12riven » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:39 am

@Beato: Wow....you sure are a true umineko fan what with your username and avatar XD

I am also in the process of playing umineko, and it definitely is great XD I am very picky when in terms of art and such, but Umineko is the few that I have played / watch that has terrible artwork. It doesn't matter much though, since I think it fits the story mood well, plus the plot is great XD

I am in the process of downloading eden* there are only two on the planet, and I can safely say it would be one of my favs XD
12riven

Postby Beato » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Yeah I think I played it around august last year, right fater I had finished watching higurashi, and I fell in love with it *_*. right now I have 1566 pictures of it on my HD and I think I have some other folder somewhere with around 100 more pics. But I also like, Fate/Stay Night and Clannad very much, sadly the only visual novels I actually own are umineko and the ace attorney series. Since clannad is pretty expensive, and I dont think I am allowed to buy ero.
雪の羽 時の風
- Yuki no Hane, Toki no Kaze
Beato

Postby Milkymalk » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:08 am

I'm not really up-to-date, so I have to say that my favourite VN I played so far is "True Love"... ^^; Yeah, it's really old. I also played "Tokimeki Memorial 2" on the PS1, but since it was Japanese I couldn't enjoy it 100% because Every now and then I had to stop reading to look up a kanji or two, or ten; I got the Kotoko ending, btw. Well, those are more dating sims than VNs, but if Phoenix Wright counts, what the heck :lol:

I also started "Sakura Taisen 1", but the time limit for decisions (2 seconds to choose an answer? WTH??) makes it a little random sometimes, because I can't read Japanese that fast. At least I can read much better than when I played TM2, but since I only finished the first episode I can't really say if it's my favourite, although it really looks and feels great.
Milkymalk

Postby Made In Laguna » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:37 am

Haha, I played Clannad and Tomoyo After "this two where actually my favorite" ...actually I'm somewhat a "tomoyo fan" :lol:

I don't buy it for the H-scene, Clannad is not categorized as an ero. I buy VN for their art and story. Tomoyo After is actually an H-game so an H-scene is inevitable :shock: . EF ~the first tale, EF ~the second tale..is touching i like it ;) ..Yume Miru Kusuri is a great game i like the one who is ... Planetarium would be on the top 3 but its too short...

RANKED:
1. Clannad
2. Tomoyo After
3. EF ~the second tale
4. Yume Miru Kusuri
5. Planetarium
Wanna Learn How to Draw?

Made In Laguna

Postby Zainin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:26 am

My favourites....

* Dorei Ichiba
* Lamento: Beyond the Void
* Enzai
* Saya no Uta
* Bullet Butlers

I really like Tsukihime, though it's not a favourite. I did work on the translation team for a bit though.
Zainin

Postby Akirawind0 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:21 am

I have not play so many visual novel but what I have playd this far for
ever 17 was pretty good
Now I am playing
Remember 11: The Age of Infinity
I made a promise long time a ago
"Keep living your dream oneday it will come true"
Do not ever give up on your dream it will happen on one day
Akirawind0

Postby Avaible » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Currently my favourite is Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia, because I always have it on when I'm working on something (two monitors is a great thing:D) and it's sound let's me concentrate better. I like it if people talk in the background and I don't really understand most of it, somehow that's relaxing.
After that Edelweiss and True Remembrance,
then Planetarium, Moonshine and Crimsoness.

On the other hand I don't really have the patience for long games like Ever17 or Fate, except of those that have got some SRPG in them. Or are funny.
Avaible

PreviousNext

Return to Video Game Alley