[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - whats your favorite visual novel?

whats your favorite visual novel?

Talk about commercial visual novels or anything game related here.

whats your favorite visual novel?

Postby iamgothic2 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:16 am

what is your favorite visual novel? mine is love hina. i loved the anime (manga too) and the game was great. :)
iamgothic2

Re: whats your favorite visual novel?

Postby skim » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:00 am

most certainly yume miru kusuri :x
closely followed by Girlfriend of Steel, but this is probably because I really like evangelion.
skim

Postby ErikB » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:12 pm

It's a shame there aren't more VNs being localized into english.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby randomNinja » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:33 pm

I know >.<
And you'd think it wouldn't be incredibly hard, since it doesn't involve having your actors lip-match and all that stuff.

Recently, I think one VN company that brought Air, and other ones to North America went out of business :cry:
randomNinja

Postby ErikB » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:10 pm

Visual novels are very niche and I understand why japanese developers wouldn't want to bother localizing them for markets outside japan.
There is barely a market for visual novels in the US. It's very hard to sell them, unless they have explicit nudity of course.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby 12riven » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:55 am

The best vn ever would have to be Ever17 -the out of infinity-
ITs in english and its all ages as well!
That would be the best vn ever, and it shows that you don't need H content to make a game awesome :D
12riven

Postby DarckRedd » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:40 am

Fate/stay night. It's not perfect; the writing is a little heavy on exposition and the 'surprised' expression manages to make the characters look vaguely like pod people, but the rest of it is mastefully done, and the erotic elements are handled tastefully.

I also inexplicably associate it with funk music.
DarckRedd

Postby 12riven » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:49 pm

okay im playing 2 visual novels right now and they are the complete opposite of each other. the first is clannad and the second is chaos head. see what i mean? XD

anyway ever 17 is still my fav but chaos head is second along with clannad.
12riven

Postby ErikB » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:43 am

I'm not sure if it counts or if you could even call them visual novels (I would) but I totally adore the Phoenix Wright series.
Amazing script. Amazing characters. In my opinion the puzzles come second to the story(-ies).
Only thing that bummed me is that
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby 12riven » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:10 am

yea, i think phoenix wright counts as a vn.
am i the only one who hasn't tried them? ive heard that they were very good but i just seem to hate them.
dont know why <_<

playing symphonic rain rite now hope i finish it soon.
12riven

Postby DarckRedd » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:56 am

DarckRedd

Postby 12riven » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:55 am

i can only give you a torrent link but i used it there is still lots of seeds :)

http://extratorrent.com/torrent/1573688 ... BHEAd.html

hope you like it:)

ps. i had a megaupload link b4 but it got removed <_<
12riven

Postby ErikB » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:56 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby DarckRedd » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:33 am

DarckRedd