[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Opinions on Character Art so far?

Opinions on Character Art so far?

Where artists get to show off their art.

Opinions on Character Art so far?

Postby mysoxlike2party » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:16 pm

They're not entirely finished I guess... I'm pretty novice at Photoshop coloring so I'm doing extremely simple cell shading... Sorry I don't know how to do it all fancy shmancy shiny x_X I wouldn't have the patience to do it all fancy anyway o_o I use Photoshop with my Bamboo Pen and Touch Tablet. I do get lazy when doing the characters and leave obvious marks in the line art... I should probably stop doing that
Attachments
yanglao_default.png
Chad_defaultpng.png
Natalie's_Dad.png
Now that's PiMpTaStIc!!!
mysoxlike2party

Re: Opinions on Character Art so far?

Postby fleet » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:37 pm

I think your characters are okay. I can't draw worth a darn.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby 15385bic » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:57 pm

considering ur novicy skills in photoshop are much better than my first few attempts with photoshop - ur heading in a good direction ;P

yay - for more male characters!
15385bic

Postby hakumen001 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:28 am

Honestly? I'd just keep working on poses by finding random pix and learning how to draw different poses. As far as colors I see no problems. Best drawing tool is Paint Tool Sai. I use it to draw/paint any art. Then when Im done, drag it into photoshop for effects and touches to it. Sai allows you to vectorized your art. Photoshops raster based so it's not the best suited for art creation. I dont think it even cost $10 and you can get the trail or other versions out there some where.

vector: based on mathematical points= blow up art to any size and no pixelation, keeps art smooth
raster: based on resolution

Imagine Photoshop like tools in Flash, but with better brushes and options to paint and draw.
hakumen001

Postby CeresBane » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:45 pm

the anatomy....oh god the anatomy.

and i thought my full bodies were bad...

don't spend less than a few minutes drawing your sprites and concept art
La petite mort is northing compared to what I'm feeling right now...
CeresBane

Postby Avaible » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:14 am

Avaible

Postby Momiji » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:57 pm

I thinnk these aint all to bad =D
im really jealous of how the clothing is developing here, my biggest weakness in drawing characters is clothing and hair.
i can never master the clothes as there either never suit people or look stupid but u have done really really well here, keep up the great work :D
also the eyes are developing well, the hardest thign to learn to draw is eyes imo, and yours seem to be looking decent, a nice shine effect might help them look really great but if your noice and as you said your not to sure about how to add these effects i must say these r developing very well so keep it up mate, soon u will pick on on some great methods and become even better, if u need any help as for tutorials you could check Deviant art they have alot of tutorials to help master ur skills =D otherwise you can of course learn through experiance but i wouldsay ur off to a great start =]

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby cidthekitty » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 am

I think you're off to a good start. Has sort of a comicy-book look to it, i like it.
Keep it up, the more you keep at it the better you will get! repetition = succession!

current progress: Chris is finished. Currently working on Mason, Kitsu, Megan, and Jeremy's route. Chris and MC sprites are finished.
cidthekitty

Postby vanderfoo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Uh...I hope you don't mind me being a bit blunt, but I think you can definitely work on the anatomy and maybe a bit on the faces (last one).

So far so good, keep at it and you'll get better!
I'd do anything,
Sing songs that lovers sing,
If I could change your mind,
Am I not the loving kind?
-Girls Aloud Ftw!
vanderfoo

Postby Berwald » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi there. The art's pretty decent, although of course you can improve. Um, as the people above me have said, you should work on the anatomy. Their bodies are not symmetrical. About the heads, I don't know if that's the style you're trying to achieve, but they're not symmetrical either and not very proportional to the body (I think it's a little bit too big). You shouldn't worry about coloring for now. Try drawing heads first before moving on to the body.
Berwald

Return to Art Gallery