[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Character art - is there an easier way?

Character art - is there an easier way?

Where artists get to show off their art.

Character art - is there an easier way?

Postby 15385bic » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:59 pm

What is the easiest way to do character art with switching faces and clothes? coz i take forever and i'm not sure what size/format to do things
REally want to try working out whats wat with novelty when i have time >_> (the last i said this was like last year maybe >3>)

anyways -
my charcter Kai - i'm kinda lazy with faces i know -_-
but i want to do changing clothes too.........thats why he started off topless >_<

he looks fine so far when i plug him in novelty...but is there a recommended resolution for characters?
if anyone is interested in using him you can

also my other character
15385bic

Re: Character art - is there an easier way?

Postby hakumen001 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:07 am

not sure about the character question part, but I love the bkgrds!
hakumen001

Postby Halca » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:55 am

My method for doing characters with clothing changes is to draw them naked first, then do whatever clothing lineart and coloring you need on separate layers from the body lineart. I also will do the same thing with drawing faces. Anyway you cut it though, doing character art can't really be rushed.
Halca

Postby buprettyinpink » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 pm

First, when I make a character I made a character base first (in case I want the same pose for someone else in the future) then I add in the "personality" of the particular character, ie. clothes, hair, accessories on seperate layers. Then I add the "normal" face on another layer. Then I make each different face I need on seperate layers (angry, happy, sad, etc) so that all I have to do is show or hide layers. The same thing can be done if you need multiple outfits for the same character. Then I save .pngs of each face when I'm ready to add them to the game.

I also always use paint tool sai because you can adjust the lineart at any point and it's a huge timesaver.
The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done,
we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change.
So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger,
but in wisdom, understanding and love.
Jennifer Edwards
buprettyinpink

Return to Art Gallery