[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Creating a character with various emotions

Creating a character with various emotions

Where artists get to show off their art.

Creating a character with various emotions

Postby skim » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:44 am

oO;; I can't seem to be able to figure it out.

Here's what I've created so far:
julia.zip
(278.17 KiB) Downloaded 512 times

Here is a view of the three files inside the zip:
Joy: http://i.imgur.com/XUCCH.png
Annoyed: http://i.imgur.com/XDKaY.png
Last edited by skim on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skim

Re: Creating a character with various emotions

Postby fleet » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:51 am

Creating emotions isn't that hard. If you look at photos of people expressing emotion, look at the eyebrows, the eyes, and the mouth.

For that matter, look at the smilies
:D eyebrows raise, big smile, eyes partially shut= very happy.
:? Confused
:cry:
:x mad

:o surprised.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby skim » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:29 am

... oO I'm trying to create a character element, not help for drawing or illustrating emotions.

I think it has to be done with Designer, but I don't know how to put the different emotions together into one character (Actor).

All of the graphic work is done (in zip), but I can't figure out how to sew them together into one actor using designer.
skim

Postby Avaible » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:16 pm

And the tutorial doesn't help either?
Avaible

Postby lyminh99 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:40 pm

And one more thing. Don't delete the asset detail like the video, because in there you will have the class which seperate actor class for you.
lyminh99

Postby fleet » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:57 am

Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby skim » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:13 pm

I think I have succeeded but now I can't get her to appear in Novelty itself. :roll:
skim

Postby ErikB » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 pm

If you've gotten that far you should be good by just saving the file and reloading Novelty. (Should appear in the Objects folder by default).
If you want to be really sure that the texture files get imported correctly you can save it as an archive (nvz).
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby skim » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:20 am

I think I might have saved the character incorrectly. ... I can't find her in the assets window.

I tried saving her as a .nml and exporting as a package(.nvz), but I'm not sure how to get either of them to show in Novelty.
Julia.nvz
(278.59 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Attachments
Julia.nvz
(278.59 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
Last edited by skim on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skim

Postby ErikB » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:16 am

The nml-file you posted contains your Novelty project and story, so that's not right.
The nvz-file looks alright. Put it inside the Assets folder and Novelty should pick it up.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby skim » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Oh whoops. I don't want the whole world to know about this project yet.

I'll see if that works later today..

Edit: Ohh Success.
success.jpg
But I seem to have the white-outline problem that someone else had too Oo;
skim

Postby ErikB » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:50 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Return to Art Gallery