[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Sakura leaves

Sakura leaves

Where artists get to show off their art.

Sakura leaves

Postby Jiyake » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:01 am

Hihi ^^

I was doing for my project a smartcanvas with sakura leaves ... and I wanted to expose my work ...
I have no notion of scripts then rode in the simplest way possible, reviews are welcome ^ ^

Is still in adjustments
(Sorry my bad Enlgish)

Here ^^

GIF image was not good ...
Jiyake

Re: Sakura leaves

Postby Lekhaka » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:37 pm

My first impression is that there are too many petals. It's like they're pouring in from some wormhole in the sky. (is this an invasion??? :D )

Maybe if you reduced the number of petals on screen I would be able to make out more...
Lekhaka

Postby Jiyake » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:36 pm

I thought I would slightly increase the size of the petals from the foreground to give a better perspective ... what do you think about it?
simultaneously reduce the petals
Jiyake

Postby skim » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Hmm... I have a feeling it would look better with less petals, and a solid color (off white) rather than translucent.
skim

Postby Jiyake » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:42 am

There...
I let the petals less transparent and I reduced the number of them ... and I added a bit of perspective
Jiyake

Postby Lekhaka » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Size variation is a great idea.

I like translucent more though.
Lekhaka

Postby Hime » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:23 pm

I believe you should mention it if you use other people's drawings as a part of your work. The work on is free to use, but mentioning the place where you took the drawings from is common courtesy. If I understand correctly, the site actually requires you to mention it as a source if you use their materials (I hear the romajisation for the title is "Kaikei Sozai Mise").

Personally I like the second edit more, it's more realistic to have less petals, and it works for a better effect, too.
Looking for a creative environment for the non-coding side of the VN-making process? Join us at !
Hime

Postby Jiyake » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Jiyake

Postby skim » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Hmm... you should make one with autumn leaves and snow too ;)
skim

Return to Art Gallery