[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Can you please review my art?

Can you please review my art?

Where artists get to show off their art.

Can you please review my art?

Postby Bouysel » Tue May 04, 2010 6:02 am

Hello, so I just started using Novelty, and I wanted to make my own original characters. However, I'm not too sure if this art is good enough. I was wondering if anyone could review my art and tell me what I should improve. Be as harsh as you need to, cause otherwise I won't improve! Thank you very much!
Attachments
Midori.png
I am dissapointment in your grammer.
Bouysel

Re: Can you please review my art?

Postby kazmiz » Thu May 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Harsh Comment!!
Was it good enough?

The only thing wrong with this picture is that the anatomy seems wrong.
Well its either the shoulders are too wide and head a bit too big, or her body is too short and thin, u can pick one^^

Instead of making colored pics concentrate on making simple linearts.
Go visit deviantart, look at some tutorials, for poses, body proportions.
Raid the internet for models photos and other reference pictures^^
And draw draw draw...
Btw. U can find "Bases" on deviantart. u can use them to improve.

Also... u might want to use Painter Tool Sai as its a great tool when it comes to making linearts (and coloring them later on) and is easy to use (i personaly use it). Try making pencil sketches on paper and scan them when u are happy with the piece and make a lineart out of it.
kazmiz

Postby Bouysel » Fri May 07, 2010 12:21 am

Okay, I'll try. Thank you very much! I'm sure your comment will be of great help!
I am dissapointment in your grammer.
Bouysel

Postby skim » Fri May 07, 2010 2:18 am

If your artwork isn't up to snuff you could try to make up for it in your story.
skim

Postby gubaba » Fri May 07, 2010 8:38 pm

her shoulders look fine.. her lower body looks too small though. If you notice how thick her legs are, they look to be the size of what her arms are. The upper thighs are usually always bigger. Her expression/face looks fine.. I think that's always a personal style XD as long as it's evenly drawn.. and you did that.

Just keep practicing! =) Your art has a strong foundation.
gubaba

Return to Art Gallery