[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Concept Art Critique

Concept Art Critique

Where artists get to show off their art.

Concept Art Critique

Postby Coatl » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:06 am

Currently, I am planning a short demo of a VN about a guy who meets a girl at a bar, but the two are later antagonized by the giant or a man. It carries two routes that takes the two in either a park or a cafe. and I plan for two ending each. It will also be probably under 4,000 words.

These two in the attachments are the main heros, Emilio the rather sincere guy who gets into a bar with a fake ID trying to meet friends. And then there's Ashleigh, the shy woman who isn't afraid of having two guys duke it out for her. (Is that even normal?)

So this is a basic idea on how they might look. Think of them as test sketches. Emilio is actually a character in an old comic about how he befriends these kids when he was 16, and even though he was the odd man out, he began teaching them a lil something.

Emilio- The simple, unlikely hero, he's the youngest in the story and full-time college student in a California State University.
Ashleigh- She actually changed a lot from the original, she's really shy, but she can become highly seductive when she gets comfortable however you'll see that she has a nasty character trait deep down.
Bruno- His original concept has him looking more wider so he doesn't look too tall, I might alter his width for the final pencils on photoshop.

So I want you to give out suggestion, what would you like changed what would you like to stay, ect.

EDIT: the new picks below are still in the concept stage but it is close to the final designs. Tell me if certain thing look good or bad because the final art will probably make or break the game.
Attachments
VN sample001.jpg
Since this is the main character, he has low prority in sprite making because you'll be playing it in first person anyway.
VN sample003.jpg
Her anatomy is a bit off, so I'll readjust the head size, bust size and whatever.
VN sample002.jpg
He was suppose to look 6 feet three inches but came off looking larger with a thinner frame, so I might widen it, but what do you think?
Last edited by Coatl on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coatl

Re: Concept Art Critique

Postby DarckRedd » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:43 pm

The kid on the left looks like a dork of massive proportions.
DarckRedd

Postby Coatl » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Attachments
Ash002.jpg
Bruno001.jpg
Coatl

Postby Coatl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:02 am

My first Sketches ever... For a VN.
Attachments
Ash003.jpg
Coatl

Postby heribertovalle » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:47 am

That girl is looking real cute. Lovely style you got. I would really like to try it out when you finish it.
heribertovalle

Postby Coatl » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:27 pm

I decided to revive this project, I'm actually gonna see if I can get a hold of my graphic design teacher's lightboxes to do a few redesigns, if not. I'll do my best.
Coatl

Postby Made In Laguna » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:28 am

Wanna Learn How to Draw?

Made In Laguna

Return to Art Gallery