[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Finished Sprites

Finished Sprites

Where artists get to show off their art.

Finished Sprites

Postby Okashi » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Finished for a side project I am doing for fun until I finish the "Sailor and Navy" VN.
I have yet to have a name for this small VN bu it will be my favorite genre, Horror. Naturally a couple moves into their new apartment and were unaware that it could never be sold to others in the community because of a horrible curse. The wife is the one effected and you must make the choice to try and save her or leave her behind.
I won't make the choice easy, I know many would stay behind but I am a huge horror fan and I know what it would take to make people run....

That being said, my style is probably still too moe for horror but hey, Higurashi did pretty well didn't it?
wifewhitedress.png
The Wife's daily outfit

wifeunderwear.png
Sleepwear

I just finished editing these in the Designer and they are ready to go for production!
Tell me what you think! Thank you!
Okashi

Re: Finished Sprites

Postby fleet » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 pm

This is just my opinion (which isn't worth much since I can't draw), but the art style does not seem appropriate for a horror story.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Okashi » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:51 am

Okashi

Postby Ginose » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm

I disagree for a few reasons: juxtaposing a "softer" or cuter art style against a rather gruesome tone oratory can be used for spectacular effect (see: "Higurashi") as it can make a psychological buffer people put up before you drop a hammer on their heads. Depending on the tone of the horror story, or the effect you want it to have on the audience, a soft or sweet appearance can work wonders.
"Still closed.. Still closed. Mmmmm."
Ginose

Postby pineapplepocky » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:02 pm

I agree with ginose, and I'll add that a creepy story doesn't always involve a scary looking character.
Current VN project: Destiny Limit.net
FB:
Art Site:
Deviantart:
webcomic:
pineapplepocky

Return to Art Gallery