[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Critique wanted!!!!

Critique wanted!!!!

Where artists get to show off their art.

Critique wanted!!!!

Postby kittycatmg6 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:11 am

A friend online suggested that I go to these forums for advice on my art since I was thinking of doing a VN one day.
I would really love some critique so I can improve quickly!

Oh, and for the critique, if you could give me both something you LIKE and DISLIKE about it I would be grateful.
Thank you! :"D
(sorry the Images are so large)

http://kittycatmg6.deviantart.com/ (this is my deviantart)
kittycatmg6

Re: Critique wanted!!!!

Postby Avaible » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm no artist, my only qualification is that I like looking at nice art, so take my advice with a grain of salt ;)

Especially the first image looks flat overall. Be aware of the insides of a human, we've got bones, guts, muscle, tendons and more beneath our skin.
The trunk looks fine, however the neck and the left shoulder don't connect in a natural manner. The back of the neck isn't supposed to take that angle. It ought to connect to the torso's back, which contains the shoulder plates behind the thorax. See the red lines as indication of where it looks like her body is missing some important parts.
68quou6t.jpg
68quou6t.jpg (79.65 KiB) Viewed 10445 times

I apologize that I can't explain things better, I hope you still understand what I'm getting at. As for that little red line at the left side of her face, I just think it would be better to have that line curve a bit more, since, if you were to follow the straight line in your picture, the head would suddenly be deformed.
Also, the legs are too eh, plump? It's not at all wrong that the legs tend to be thicker than the arms, but think of it this way: when you look at a body from the side the upper leg would need be about the same diameter as the lower torso and get thinner from thereon. The legs don't match the body of the girl. Try taking away one third of them and see how it looks.

As I said, the torso itself looks fine, I also really like that subtle shading indicating the rip cage below her breasts and how you managed to draw the left hand. While not too detailed it's just enough to look good and convincing, although a bit messy.
What I enjoy most when looking at the girls are the eyes, though. They look great.
Your style overall is also rather nice. Still, you need to work more with shadows, especially in the second picture, to make your drawings look less flat.
Avaible

Postby kittycatmg6 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 pm

kittycatmg6

Postby fleet » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:32 am

I'm not an artist. I like your drawing, but the eyeballs look strange.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby ErikB » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:15 am

I fail to see much to critique at. Sure you could pick and point at individual lines, but as an art style it's really colorful and unique. I wouldn't change much but continue doing what you do and let your style evolve on its own.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby racoon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Wow you have a wonderfull skill of coloring you know?
racoon

Postby Soul Rokkuman » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:39 am

Your color style is awesome! :) I applaud that ^_^
Soul Rokkuman

Postby MiguHideki » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:13 am

I'm not an artist but i didnt like ur 1st photo i dont like her face.

but the 2nd & 3rd photos were nice.. I love it ^//^ especially the third photo she's cute and adorable :3
MiguHideki

Postby vanderfoo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Interesting art style, and yeah I agree with an above poster that the eyes can be done slightly differently, but hey! if it's your style stick to it I guess. ;)
Awesome lineart skills and coloring :)
I'd do anything,
Sing songs that lovers sing,
If I could change your mind,
Am I not the loving kind?
-Girls Aloud Ftw!
vanderfoo

Return to Art Gallery