[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - My Art :B

My Art :B

Where artists get to show off their art.

My Art :B

Postby Keilis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:54 pm

You can see all my art here:

Picture #1 would be the style I'd use for my VN character art... if I ever get around to making the VN itself. xD
Attachments
shb_mascot_contest__jayden_by_keilis-d4cps6q.png
drrr__heiwajima_shizuo_by_keilis-d4frk5d.jpg
aph___japan_by_keilis-d4fjg44.jpg
Keilis

Re: My Art :B

Postby Keilis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Works-in-progress.
Attachments
New canvas copy.jpg
Masamune.png
Keilis

Postby fleet » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:14 am

I can't draw, so my opinion isn't worth much. I like your work.

Do you have any ideas in mind for your VN?
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Keilis » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:22 am

Thank you. ^_^ Um, to be honest I don't have many ideas for plot. I'm actually still establishing the setting first, like the year, the climate, the cultural aspects of my VN. If I was going to make a VN, it's gonna be a lot of work and I'd like for it to be as good as it'll get with my abilities. I'd like it to be a fictional setting where they're still reliant on paper and pen, trade and whatnot. I'm thinking of a plot to do with a guild of assassins, where you play as an assassin who's masked most of the time, and who's also mute (though this VN is narrated in first-person, so you still hear his/her voice) because of some backstory I've yet to develop. XD Honestly, I don't know if my VN will fly, but I think I've got the art aspect of it down. :) Thanks for checking out my stuff.
Keilis

Postby Avaible » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Second fleet, I also can't draw, but yours looks good in my opinion^^
And I think the style of the second image would fit well in a setting like you described, so good luck with it.
Avaible

Postby 15385bic » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:41 am

i think ur art is super cool *q*
and om the bike looks wicked, the guy looks hot and the colors are excellent- i Wish i could draw like u ;)
15385bic

Postby Momiji » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:20 pm

I must agree with the others, its some real good work, and looks very nice.

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby fleet » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:20 pm

If you want critique of your art, post it at lemmasoft forums. There are a lot of artists there (make sure you ask for constructive criticism).
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Keilis » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:01 pm

^ Thanks everyone. :D Well, fleet, I'm not particularly looking for criticisms, but thanks for introducing me those forums. I'll definitely keep them in mind should I ever need CC.

Anyway, here's another one. I guess this one feels a little otome game-ish, which would make it good practice, haha.
Attachments
Gintama - Takasugi1.jpg
Keilis

Postby Avaible » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Avaible

Postby EriksBlue » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:10 pm

From what i see you are a really good artist but their is always room for improvement.

What type of brush/pen settings do you use?
EriksBlue

Postby Keilis » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:28 am

For the lines from the pictures posted, I used the watercolour brush that SAI has, with pretty much middle settings for everything (blending, opacity mix, persistence). For colouring, I tend to colour my flats and my preliminary shades with a hard brush (no blending whatsoever), then I blend just a little with a softer watercolour brush. I add textures last.

Though, lately I've changed to the pen tool for lines. It doesn't make much of a difference; I just think it feels more natural.

Edit: Rough sketch of a commissioned sprite I'm doing for the upcoming VN Angelus:

Keilis

Return to Art Gallery