[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Lineart Critique

Lineart Critique

Where artists get to show off their art.

Lineart Critique

Postby EriksBlue » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:00 pm

I plan on re-designing a character in my VN mostly due to the fact he looks a little off. (This is the new design.)

Tell me what you think.

Note: You can use my lineart for your own VN as long as 1) Change his hair style 2) credit me
Attachments
COB0002 - Copy.JPG
EriksBlue

Re: Lineart Critique

Postby fleet » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:25 am

I'm not an art critic, since I can't draw. I can say this: his right forearm is longer than his left forearm.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby buprettyinpink » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:01 pm

unless his head is tilted and I can't tell... his left eye is higher than his right. and I think a little too far to the left. His ear seems a little off... too small maybe? or possibly too low...

Besides that, it looks good except I'm never a fan of hiding hands just because you don't want to draw them :P
The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done,
we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change.
So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger,
but in wisdom, understanding and love.
Jennifer Edwards
buprettyinpink

Postby EriksBlue » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:51 am

I can draw hands I just dont know how I should position the hands and arms.
EriksBlue

Postby Momiji » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby iiyarii » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:10 pm

..uhm hey..
..i think the head is not proportion to the head, i mean the body's proportions are okay.. but the head was.. big?
..the hands?.. lol.. i know its hard to draw it.. its hard for me too.. so most of the time i hide them..
..if you're going to add muscles to the character.. i suggest not only the arms but also a little on the chest so it wont look skinny.. :D
..the eyes were slightly away from each other......

..and that's all..

:D
iiyarii

Postby 15385bic » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:56 am

i think as the others have said - his face is a little big. Also his arms look quite FORWARD. When a guy has his hands in his pockets the arms go behind and then in.
may want to decrease the number of folds along his bottom arms as well and keep them at the corners?

ps - depending on what style you're going for large heads suit large eyes. Small eyes suit small heads. ANyways - to show you what i visually mean - i edited your pic in Photoshop. Hope you dont mind (i'm not a pro artist or anything so you can just ignore me >.<) parts have been liquified and red sketches for clothing lines. (i swear i restrained myself otherwise he'd be taller and slimmer ^^')
Attachments
COB0002 - Copy.JPG
15385bic

Postby skim » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:08 am

oO not sure if this is really what you were looking for when you posted, but here we go...

I like 15385bic's sleeve fix recommendation, so I didn't redraw the sleeves.
Attachments
assd copy.jpg
skim

Postby EriksBlue » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Thank you for the critique I really appreciate the input and I am very great full. I did change the orginal lineart. I saw that his head was to large and the sleeves were uneven.

I'm in Spain so I cant scan a new version to replace the old one.
EriksBlue

Postby popopo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:30 pm

I really like this thread. I'm new here, dunno if this is how things normally go around here, but I might subject my art to a little of this treatment later when I get some time. It's really nice though, the overlay technique -- although I may prefer a couple of the OP's choices stylistically, there's still a ton to be learned about realism, angles and proportionality here... so cool!
popopo

Return to Art Gallery