Some character concepts

Where artists get to show off their art.

Some character concepts

Postby Iaikaa » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Okay, so, I've been intrigued about making my own visual novel for some years now. First I tried to make some kind of altered versions of my comic plots but that didn't seem to work out too well. Now I finally have some kind of an idea for what kind of story I'll be going for.

I'm not at the point where I can start writing the story yet but I like doing some concept art and training drawing the characters and wanted to show a couple of them. I'll add more when I finish something.

The main character, called Sam.

One of the supporting cast.

Iaikaa

Re: Some character concepts

Postby Avaible » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:04 am

I like the expression of the second one, this look gives great potential of possible funny situations. But that's just me dreaming, good luck with your novel.
Avaible

Postby CeresBane » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:38 am

Isn't it wise to plan the story first so you can be certain if your idea goes anywhere or not?

That's always been the moto for alot of great works. You can even ask pixar and dreamworks and they will say that they will stress story first and utterly perfected before any serious drawing drawing takes place.
La petite mort is northing compared to what I'm feeling right now...
CeresBane

Postby Avaible » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:53 am

On the other hand, it may help the writer to have some graphics to look at in order to better understand the story he/she is going to write. It depends on the individual, and there is not a single guideline for everyone. To each their own, so to say.
Avaible

Postby Iaikaa » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:10 am

Avaible: Thank you, I hope to get myself working on this more actively. It's going to take a great deal of time.

CeresBane: My style of writing stories is really character oriented and I find it easier to start from the character design. It's easier to build the story for an individual character from that. I know the story type won't be for everyone since it's more about learning their stories than just a plot with characters playing their parts in advancing it. I'm not saying plot first - characters then approach won't achieve interesting characters, it just won't do it for me as an author.
Iaikaa

Postby Moonya » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:54 am

well I like the second fella the most, he looks really kinda mean and evil. Reminds me a bit of manga's like dragon ball :D . I wish you loads of fun with making your novel, after all we all have to do it in our own style and how it works best for us ;)
Moonya

Postby Meiji » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:10 pm

The second art reminded me of Pin Sensei from the anime series "Kimi ni Todoke". They kind of give off the same personality.
Meiji

Postby 15385bic » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:32 am

LOL -his expression is quite funny X)
Great looking character art ;)
15385bic

Return to Art Gallery