[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Log Screen (Random question)

Log Screen (Random question)

Anything goes.

Log Screen (Random question)

Postby Michiyo6918 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:05 am

I know it sounds dummy but can someone tell me why's the log screen in my visual novel always goes slower than the actual dialogue? I'm not good with word so I will use picture to show you.

Come to this point it still working perfectly.

:lol:

It bugs me a lot because I made a game with trick question in there, but when my friend played it and accidentally skipped the question, she wanted to look back at it but the log screen was just like that *^up there* :_: I have no idea what's wrong with it...

P/s: It's a spoiler!!! :o ~ But whatever, it's just a rough draft right now, I will have a lot of change for this game in the future. And yeah, ignore the grammar error :lol: I need to give it to my friend (My proofreader and yeah, fangirl :lol: who totally goes crazy with every guy I draw)~
Last edited by Michiyo6918 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michiyo6918

Re: Log Screen (Random question)

Postby Avaible » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Avaible

Postby Michiyo6918 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Oh, thank you for the answer and your compliments, I appreciate that :D

I love playing with the text-box. Maybe sometime if I'm not too lazy I'll make some templates and share it on the forum, who knows :P
Michiyo6918

Postby Avaible » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Avaible

Postby Michiyo6918 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:40 pm

I think I have found the solution for the log :)

Here is another random question:

I'm right now working on a kind-of-like detective visual novel where the mc has to investigate some cases, that's also mean he has to ask people around him a lot of question. I intend to use the show menu to ask the other question, but someone please tell me how to do it? :shock:

My English is not good enough to explain it but here's an example anyway: Mc meets a girl. A menu pops up with 4 choice (aka 4 questions). This menu allows the player to press on all 4 choices. That means after you click a choice, read the dialogue, the menu will pop up again with the rest of the choice for you to choose. Confusing? :| The problem is that I don't know how to make the menu doesn't show up the choice you have chose previously. I'm right now doing it with branching and labeling, but the more the question there is, the more the branch become complicated... :( So urgh... is there any way faster and easier than this?
Michiyo6918

Postby Avaible » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:38 pm

You're not wrong with using Branches and Labels, they exist partly for that reason. It's actually very easy to adjust them to get what you want, but at the same time the Branches get complex pretty fast. I would advice you to take your time making several diagrams to keep the overview. Branches are called branches since they like to easily branch out, after all^^

Summarized: It won't get much easier that using Branches and Labels, but diagrams will make it less confusing.
Avaible

Postby Michiyo6918 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Thank you for your reply :D Guess I've to try my best dealing with those thing though :lol:
Michiyo6918

Postby Michiyo6918 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Another random question:

Okay, here is the problem: I export my game as a stand-alone game, everything work perfect, the dialogues, the background etc, and come to the save and load button, this is where my problem started. Don't misunderstand, my save and load button work perfectly, I can save game any time I want and it appeared in the load screen just like it has to be. But let take an example: I come to a choice that I don't sure about -> save game -> pick an option -> read the dialogue. I think this choice may not be right so I opened the load screen to load back my save file and bam, everything went black. The game was still running just fine, but the background just... disappeared. Until the scene changed, the background of my game will just be black. I don't know what is wrong with my game. Does anyone has the same problem? :o
Michiyo6918

Postby Avaible » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:46 am

When having opened your project, try right-clicking on the background you mentioned in the asset library, and click on 'Add to project'.
If this doesn't help, try reimporting your background into Novelty. Problems as the one you described occur from time to time, though the reaons vary.
Avaible

Postby Michiyo6918 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that :)
Michiyo6918

Postby Michiyo6918 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Okay another question (I know I ask too much but...)

Can someone show me how to add sound into the menu option (the sample menu) thingy? Like hover and click sound. I don't know how to do it ._. (Is that even possible?)
Michiyo6918

Postby Avaible » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:30 pm

It should be possible if you can incoorporate the sounds into the button you use for the menu. This would be done in the ML-Designer.
Basically, the menu simply uses the same button with different caption to work. Open the menu in the Designer to see which button is used, then open that button in the Designer and manually add the hover and click sound for it there. Although that is not possible with the visual interface so you would need to write it in ML-code. You can see how that would look by adding sound to a button in Novelty, then opening it's ML-code. You will find something like: hover-sound="sound" click-sound="anothersound"
However, I am not sure wether adding these attributes is even possible in the Designer, haven't tried it myself yet.
Avaible

Postby Michiyo6918 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:46 am

I did what you said and managed to make the hover sound but not with the click sound :shock:

Did I do something wrong there?
Michiyo6918

Postby Avaible » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:57 pm

And your code is valid? So, he gives no error-message or anything?
Because if the hover sound works I can't tell you why the click sound shouldn't, seeing that they're both following the same syntax. My only guess is that you may not have the sound resource of 'Menu click' in the same file as the one you have currently open there, and even then I'm not sure wether that would be the cause.

Alternatively, maybe your click-sound does work and Designer simply decided not to play it for some reason. Have you tried using it in Novelty already?
Avaible

Postby Michiyo6918 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Yeah, I have tried using it, the hover sound worked perfectly (a little too loud though :lol: ) but when I click on the choice, I couldn't hear anything. And I'm sure that I have both of the sound files in the asset, I even tried it on some button in Novelty first before I went to Designer :shock:
Michiyo6918

Next

Return to Random